Monday, October 27, 2008

Google Earth Comes to I-Phone



I read this article about Google releasing a custom Google Earth application for the iPhone/iPod Touch- wow! Great for people who love these gadgets.
The best features of this new application are:

1) Google Earth geographical software has been altered to make maximum use of the iPhone's screen and functionality

2) Users will be able to tilt the device to adjust the view when browsing mountainous terrain

3) Users can use the 'My Location' feature to jump right to where they are in the blink of an eye and use Google's local search engine to look for information on cities, places and businesses.

4) Google has also added additional layers to the application, like Panoramio and Wikipedia ( I love Wikipedia!!!)

The application is free and available today (October 27, 2008) in all languages the iPhone currently supports (18) and will gradually be released for 22 countries in total.
If you want to find out more about it, check out the I-Tunes store at http://www.apple.com/

I think I would like to have an I-Touch or I-Phone now...

Do you have an I-Touch or I-Phone? How do you like it so far?


3 comments:

James Moore said...

The street view interface on the iPhone is particularly impressive.

Marketer 2008 said...

I also like the street view on the I-phone. My friend and I were lost once and we were looking for a restaurant in the city. I-Phone could track where we were located and it provided us directions to go to the restaurant. It's an amazing technology and saved us a lot of time and gas! So we were able to find the restaurant that we were looking for and we enjoyed our dinner :)

James Moore said...

Excellent! I fear map publishers are going to be worried from here on.