Sunday, November 23, 2008

Excited for In-flight web access?




For all those who spend a lot of time flying for business...here's a good news for you.
Virgin America Airlines plans to become the latest airline to offer in-flight Wi-Fi Internet.
American Airlines currently is the only carrier in the world to offer full Internet access. The airlines will offer Gogo, a service that lets passengers browse the web, use e-mail and instant messaging, download video and connect to secure networks through three wireless access points on the plane. Voice calls over the Internet are not allowed. The cost is $9.95 to $12.95 a flight, depending on route length.
The other airlines that will have inflight internet service are:
•Air Canada- Gogo starting in spring 2009 inflight within USA
•Alaska Airlines
•Delta spokeswoman Betsy Talton says Delta will introduce GoGo in two aircraft by the end of 2008
•Continental Airlines plans to introduce an e-mail and instant-messaging service operated by LiveTV in the summer
In your opinion, do you think that with the services and rates mentioned above will you use Gogo when you fly?

1 comment:

James Moore said...

I would use the service if it was free, but I would not pay for it. I think I would be more excited about ways to recharge my laptop (or digital device) as I was flying.

If I was paying for Internet access I would want access to a power outlet (as running WiFi will run down the battery more quickly).

I just hope that people will not be using Skype – otherwise this will lead to more loud conversations on the ‘plane.

Perhaps there will be sponsored WiFi, where you have to watch a few in-flight adverts.